Sunday, October 30, 2011

October Snow Storms

I was supposed to go to a Halloween party tonight. Instead? I'm snowed in. This is the first time I've ever seen a snow storm like this so early in the year. It's more than a little disconcerting... Earlier in the afternoon I was outside, and it was just another autumn day. A few trees have shed all their leaves, but most are still covered in leaves - some still green! Now? There's about five inches of snow on the ground, accompanied by the occasional rumble of a snow plow making the rounds. It's like someone hit the fast forward button and skipped me ahead about two months...

The leaves still being on the trees is causing problems in a lot of places. The snow is sticking to the leaves, causing the branches to bend and break under the weight. A couple of trees in the yard are normally too high for me to touch, but the tips are now dragging on the ground.

Well, and now we've just lost power. So, that's that. Time to publish and shut down.

*This was all written last night. In the light of day I bring you...

(Oh, and thankfully power is back on this morning - although a lot of people are still without...)

No comments:

Post a Comment