Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Welcome!

I should probably start this off with a little about myself, to give an idea of where I'm coming from, and what this blog will be about.

I was born and raised by my Grandparents in rural New Hampshire, and have recently moved back to the state after spending the last five years in Olympia, Washington. I live with my fiance (and our dog, a papillon) in a small apartment. I enjoy hiking, biking, geocaching, foraging, swimming, reading, writing, cooking and baking, music, painting, and various crafts such as making jewelry, candles, and incense. I'm very passionate about studying world history, cultures, and religions.

I am a pagan - more specifically a hedgewitch. I have belonged to one pagan tradition or another since December of 1998. I was quite young at the time, and very lucky to have a family that supported me in my spiritual journey.

Like many others, Wicca was the first pagan tradition I studied. It was during my study of Wicca that the Netjeru, the Gods of ancient Egypt, first called to me. I started to study the religion of ancient Egypt, as well as continuing to study other religions. I was an eclectic pagan to be sure, but always with heavy Kemetic (Egyptian) leanings. Those leanings eventually gave way to Kemetic reconstruction in late 2003. During this time I was still a practicing eclectic witch, but was keeping my craft separate from my religion.

In 2005 I joined the Kemetic Orthodox religion, where I remained until August of 2007. I ended up leaving due to quite a few issues I had with the organization, which I will not elaborate on here. I still have several friends in the faith, but it just was not at all where I belonged.

I did not return to reconstruction after leaving Kemetic Orthodoxy. I spiritually wandered for a few months, and in the summer of 2008 I turned to hedgecraft, or rather, was called to it.  

It was during this last year (2011) that I turned my devotion to Artemis, who had been subtly present since my departure from reconstructionism, with that subtle presence becoming less and less subtle over the months. 

This blog will be a place for me to write about my personal spiritual journey and experiences, as well as a place to provide information, recipes and craft ideas that I hope will be useful to pagans and non-pagans alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment