Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Winter Wednesday and a General Update

I know I just posted earlier this afternoon, but it's Wednesday, and I figure it's best if I get off the rant train for a while...

It's my understanding that the Abenaki, one of the tribes local to my region, called this moon cycle the Bough Shedding Moon. Or, as another translation puts it, the 'makes branches fall in pieces' moon. That is, of course, the reason why I've chosen this particular photo to share today - it is a very accurate name.

Usually, this is the cycle I refer to as the Wolf Moon, but recently that name has not felt quite right. I think, perhaps, Bough Shedding Moon might replace it. It's something I'll have to consider. Even if it is not a permanent addition, it will be the symbolism I choose to work with for this cycle, at least.

That's one of the things I really love about my path - it's flexible, adaptable. Something no longer works? No problem, replace it with something that does. It might sound flippant, and I don't mean it to - it's not a process that I tend to take lightly. I give a lot of thought as to what I include, so of course I must give a good amount of thought when I feel something should be removed or changed. Still, if something does need to be changed? It can be. I really appreciate that. 

1 comment: