Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving Storm

A storm started rolling in on Wednesday, very thick, heavy snow. Tore down tons of branches, bent small trees and flower bushes right over. A lot of people were without power. I was at my grandparent's house, and we lost power that night, right before I was about to sit down to make some apple pies.

The old maple tree out back has lost two huge branches. I'm hoping the tree won't be too bad off, and I'm definitely planning to take a bunch of wood from the fallen branches since that tree's a bit special to me. I've only had time to go out and take a quick look, but there also looks like there might be a nice branch for a stang there.

I'm not sure I want to make another stang, since it's the sort of tool where, for me, I would think one would be enough... but man, that branch is just so perfect for it. I might also take enough to make a new set of ogham staves, and perhaps some for charms?

Winter storms bring a lot of damage, and this one left a lot of people without power for days, and having to throw away tons of food that spoiled, but I can always count on them to supply some fallen wood for various projects, might at well get some good from the damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment